I realized to the bloggy world it seems that I dropped off the face of the earth. But there's a story in there somewhere.
I started a part time job a little over a year ago that turned into full time and all of the sudden I blinked and found I went from a stay at home/homeschooling mom to a full time working mom. I've walked a mile in those shoes and let me tell you, those are some seriously tough shoes. I loved the fact that my job combined my love for thrift stores and reselling with a nice little paycheck and the ability to help a worthy non-profit cause. But working for a board of directors that contained a few people that were more interested in furthering their own agendas grew into a toxic environment. So I am now, again, a stay at home mom.
That's the short story.
I learned a few things along the way though.
- I learned I'm really good at appraising, reselling and displaying used items in a boutique atmosphere. I love it and just saying that sentence sends a little thrill through me! (It's spawned a much more family friendly business venture for my sister and I)
- A working mom is a CRAZY tough job. I constantly felt guilty for NOT being with my children. I was exhausted all the time, barely home, and we ate out alot! It does all kinds of things inside you emotionally when you are away from your children more than you are with them. All those feelings for a job I loved. Can you imagine moms who are forced to work a job they don't like?
- I LOVE being in my home. I love feeding my family, making a cozy house, teaching my kids myself, all the conversations that come about just from being together.
- Running a home is a full time job! Holy moly! I didn't realize how hard I worked at home until I wasn't in it. Don't let anyone get away with assuming a stay at home mom has it easy. My house was a mess even though hubby and kids were here most of the time. The kids schedules and appointments were topsy turvy. We very rarely ate a quality home cooked meal. It was chaos.
- A mom (this mom) is the hub of a home. I really am the glue that holds this family together and brings order to our lives. Just being here makes everyone happier and more secure.
As for the blog...I'm ready for some changes here too. I'm working on updating the site, I've got some new ideas up my sleeve, I'm getting my craftiness on again with several projects and of course I'm cooking up a storm. So basically, I'm back!
And I'm loving it!