Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Rest Of The Story

So, I guess in all the excitement I left out some vital parts of my turkey story.

My babbling was about the turkey. I managed to tell the lady all about what I'm cooking and how I don't really need a turkey but how could I pass this up? Who will be there...what a great price it was...blah...blah...blah..

I just don't do that but I couldn't get my mouth to close.

And the deal was at Win-co. If you spend $50 you could purchase the $.98 a lb turkey for $.22 a lb. I spent exactly $51 so I could get that turkey. I'm willing to over spend a bit to get a deal like that.

So there you have it. The Great Turkey Deal of 2008!

5 comments:

Trish said...

Nice work! And a great blog BTW!
My grocery budget's a bit bigger than yours but I think my turkey deal was pretty sweet too!
See for yourself.
http://toomuch2do2day.blogspot.com/2008/11/im-no-good-at-not-sharing.html

Halfmoon Girl said...

ok, I've been wondering off and on all day how you got such a great deal. This makes me feel better- I was worried that they pawned a mutant turkey off on you.

Frosting & Thread said...

Wow!!! An almost 19lb turkey for 4.14! That's amazing. And here I thought getting turkey for 49 cents a pound was a good deal.

SavingSomeGreen said...

Hey! Love your blog so much, I gave you an award. Check it out here http://savingsomegreen.blogspot.com/2008/11/blog-award-woo-hoo.html

-Michelle

p.s. Great job on the turkey!!

Terri Steffes said...

I think you are the CSI of grocery shopping. Looking at all the parts and getting the job done. I am very impressed!