Thursday, August 27, 2009

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap - Marinated Tomato Salad



Every once in a while you'll see a marinated tomato salad in my menu's. I love tomatoes and the garden grown variety are sweet and fresh. And now that I have an abundance of garden tomatoes, this is my go-to salad for the next few weeks. It's simple, healthy and yummy.



Marinated Tomato Salad

Slice or dice your tomatoes. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Add Salt and fresh ground pepper and refrigerate for 30 minutes to blend flavors. Great served next to homemade macaroni and cheese.

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Enter your info into Mcklinky. Please be sure to link directly to your post, not your homepage, and include a link back to The Grocery Cart Challenge.


3 comments:

Hoosier Homemade said...

Our weather has been so cold that we still don't have tomatoes ready. I do have tons of Hungarian Wax Peppers, do you have a recipe for those?
Thanks for hosting!
~Liz

Amy Green (Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free) said...

We love marinated tomatoes. Sometimes I eat them fresh, sometimes I slow roast them. It all depends on my mood. I am a little jealous of your garden tomatoes...this spring I am going to plant one of my own.

I am starting a new blog carnival on Monday - Slightly Indulgent: fabulous food, just a little bit healthier. Everyone is welcome to participate even though I cook sugar & gluten free. There will be weekly prizes and I'm going to feature a participant each week. I hope you'll join in the fun!!

Judy said...

I love doing that with my tomatoes. One of my favorite tomato dishes.