Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekly Shopping Trip and Menu Plan Monday




Ok, silly me. I forgot that we had two Father’s Day celebrations last week so there were two meals from my menu that I didn’t need. They got carried over to this week’s menu.


So here we go...

Breakfasts


Swiss Muesli
Buttermilk Pancakes
Apple Pie muffins
Orange Julius Smoothies and bowls of sliced bananas with milk
Starbucks Pumpkin Scones
Good old fashioned oatmeal
German Apple Puff Pancake

Dinners

Crockpot Potato Chowder
Black Bean and Tortilla Bake
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup and Buttery Bread Machine Rolls (makes 24 so I freeze half of them for another meal)
Ground Beef Gyros (w/ Caesar dressing instead of cucumber sauce) and Homemade Pitas
Easiest Chicken Pot Pie
Cottage Cheese Roast
Crockpot Roast Chicken



5 loaves 100% Whole Wheat Bread $4.70
3 packages of Bagels $5.00
2 packages of English Muffins FREE (at my local bread store if you make a purchase of a certain dollar amount you get two free items)
1 Gallon of 1% Milk $2.93
½ gallon of 2% Milk 1.98
2 cans of Orange Juice Concentrate $2.56
5 lb potato $1.47
Cheap conditioner for the kids $1.08
Mom’s conditioner $3.98 (Pantene – haven’t found a cheaper replacement for my curly hair yet)
8 apples $3.06
2 cans cream of potato soup $2.94
Tinfoil $.78
Corn Flakes $1.53
2 onions $.95
Lettuce $1.48
Frozen Vegetables $.88
Shipping Tape $3.09
Tomatoes $3.01
Hair Color $2.96 (got a lotta grey)
Bananas $1.28
Matches $.93 (We aren’t smokers, I live in a house full of boys with lots of farts)
Margarine sticks $.68
Bulk Sunflower seeds $.56
Frozen Blackberries $1.99
Cottage Cheese $1.99
Garlic Caesar Dressing $.99
Ponytail holders $.99


Total $53.79

7 comments:

Robin said...

You go! Great way to stick to a budget.

Have a blessed week!

A Juggling Mum said...

Great menu this week, everything looks really yummy and I'm impressed by your just over $50 shopping bill :)

Hope you have a great week!

Rachel xxx
A Juggling Mum

Duckygirl said...

mmm, gyros, I haven't made those in a while and Ian's been asking for them. I use half lamb/half beef, and tzatziki sauce (cucumber). Maybe I'll have to make those soon!

-Laura

Jules said...

I LOVE your blog and everything you have on the menu this week sounds really good! (Although, just wanted to tell you, your chicken pot pie link goes to a recipe for "Spicy Nuts") I know that I hate it when I do that and no one tells me!! :o)

Hopefully, I can stick to my budget this week. That's always a challenge around here!

~Julie

Youthleadergina said...

That's hilarious....boys and fart! You crack me up. I just took a picture of my $50 grocery trip today and I will post it later to my blog. (-;

Phyllis Sommer said...

okay i'm new around here but i'm superimpressed. where did you even think to look for that recipe for cottage cheese loaf!? it actully sounds pretty good, from the comments on the recipe:-) i'll have to give it a shot...

Cassandra said...

I am curious about the cottage cheese roast. Was it really good?