Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekly Shopping Trip




Franz Bread Outlet

2 loaves of bread
2 bags of Hoagie Rolls
1 bag of english muffins

Total $4.70


S & S Grocery Liquidators

Soymilk $.49 (almost past date)
2 boxes of bouillon cubes $.98
Curlz Rock Hair Gel $3.99 (Normally $15!!)
2 cans refried beans $.78
2 cans cream of mushroom soup $1.18

Total $7.42


Grocery Outlet

40 flour tortillas $5.49
Smoked Ham lunchmeat $1.99
2 lbs grated cheese $6.99
White Rice $1.49
Cotton Balls $.99
Low Fat Sour Cream $.99
Low Fat Cottage Cheese $1.99
2 boxes of Cream Cheese $2.58
Chicken Drumsticks $3.26
Total $25.77


Win-Co
2 cucumbers $1.16
Green Leaf Lettuce $1.78
Tomatoes $1.63
Apples $2.02
Bulk Corn Starch $.41
Bulk Instant Milk $2.88
Nasal Spray $4.04
4 boxes Mac and Cheese $1.28

Total $15.20

GRAND TOTAL $53.09

I also managed to wrestle a few mini cucumbers and cherry tomatoes from my elk-ravaged garden this week. It looks like I might be able to get a bit of broccoli and some green beans too.

7 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

does this include lunches too? i'm a SAHM and my oldest takes her lunch to school plus be and my youngest eat all 3 meals at home plus her 2 snacks and my DH takes leftovers to work for lunch! anyway through my rambling i' guess i'm trying to say i spend about 160 for 3 meals a day for 15 days plus 2 snacks a day for 15 days and we are a family of 4 so i thought that was good is it??

$5 Dinner Mom said...

Great job! I'm impressed with how well you stick to your lists! I usually just shop at one store, but I think I'd want to get more than what's on my list if I did multiple stores. I'm getting better at sticking to my list, but I usually end up grabbing a meat or chicken that's a sale or manager's special, that I didn't have on the list! I love seeing what you get each week and that you always come in at budget! Keep the inspiration coming!
Erin

Anonymous said...

I think you forgot to list your chicken legs and some sort of dark green produce I see in your picture. But anyways I think you are a very smart shopper and you also inspire me to do better and stop the impulse buys.

Gayle said...

You're right Anonymous. Thanks for catching that. I was all panicked that my total was going to be higher but luckily I had the totals right, directly from my receipts. I had just forgot to list those two items.

Anonymous said...

Great shopping once again. I see that everything totaled up only comes to 53.09. Maybe it's not adding correctly after you added the chicken legs and lettuce. I hope to get my grocery bill down this low someday-soon!

Gayle said...

So...obviously I'm having some math issues. At least they are good news instead of bad. Thanks for letting me know. That brought my total down even further.

EEEEMommy said...

I am stoked to see lettuce AND $53.09!!! Atta girl, Gayle! :)