Friday, October 10, 2008

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

My kids are always wanting something to snack on. So I came across this cheap recipe a while ago and it fills that urge for them.

Lentil Snacks
1 cup lentils
1 quart water
2 tablespoons of oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • In a pan, bring water and lentils to a boil. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes.
  • Drain and spread out on towels to dry.
  • Preheat oven to 425 and line a jelly roll pan with greased foil.
  • Toss lentils with oil and spread out flat on pan.
  • Bake for 10-15 minutes stirring often until crispy.
  • Mix up remaining spices and gently stir into lentils.
  • Cool and eat.

What's cooking at your house this week?

To Participate:
  • Post a recipe on your blog with a LINK BACK HERE. PLEASE REMEMBER THE LINK!
  • Fill in the Mr. Linky with your name and recipe title and on the second line put the link directly to your recipe post, not your general blog address.
  • Then go look at all the other links and get great ideas for next weeks menu.


Anna said...

Your recipe looks really good-- and super cheap. The ovens already hot, so I think I'll make some right now. ;) Thanks!

Jenny said...

Looking forward to more great recipes!

WendyDarling said...

I am going to have to try this! :-) Thank you for posting. :-)

$5 Dinner Mom said...

I'm making lentils this weekend! Yum Yum!

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

I am so excited to try out your lentil snacks recipe. Thank you! :)


Susan said...

I've been loving your recipe swap for weeks, so I'm adding my own recipe for the first time this week.

Kate said...

Wow, those sound so good. I know we would love that as a snack at my house. I think I'll make some this weekend.

I have to remember this meme for next week. Such a great idea!!

Aliisa and Sundy said...

From Aliisa:
We made these today and they are wonderful!! My daughter asked if I could go to the store and buy more to make *lol*

Thanks for such a great recipe!!

heidi said...

I made this today and YUM! We all can NOT stop munching on it!!! Thanks for the recipe!!!