Thursday, November 20, 2008

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

Today I said goodbye to my very last bottle of Costco Windex. It was sad. But what a great opportunity to do a little research and experimenting to bring you the very best homemade Windex recipe EVER!


Homemade Windex
(yield 8 cups/half gallon)

1/4 cup ammonia
1 cup rubbing alcohol
1 teaspoon homemade laundry detergent (or dishwashing soap)
6 3/4 cups water

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a spray bottle. This stuff works EXACTLY like Windex.

So have fun linking up but please remember two things...


  1. Please link directly to your recipe swap post so if people are trying to find it during the week they don't have to sift through all the other posts. (and they will stop e-mailing me about it)
  2. Please include a link back here from your own blog

So have a great weekend collecting recipes and we'll see you on Menu Plan Monday!

8 comments:

WendyDarling said...

I am definitely going to make this! Thank you, Gayle. :-)

Elizabeth said...

Great idea to make your own window cleaner! Thanks for all the recipes. With the holiday coming I need all the help I can get.

Elizabeth
www.dealbetty.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I will have try this windex recipe. How does it smell?

Emily said...

that is totally awesome!

Karen said...

This is the same recipe that my Mom used for years and years. I lost it along the way, so thank you for posting it! It works great!

Mommy Brain said...

Thanks to everyone who left recipes last week...I had the best dinners ever! This is a great resource and I'm so grateful.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering is it diswasher detergent soap or handwashing dish soap?

Gayle said...

Good question. It's handwashing dish soap.