Sunday, November 2, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

This should be a nice, slow paced, week at home. We are starting school again after taking the month of October off to help my parents pack up and move and I'll be less busy so I can put a little more effort into my meals. The menus were starting to feel boring and uninspired so I'm looking forward to a little more creativity.

Breakfasts

Yogurt and Fruit Parfaits
German Pancakes
Oatmeal with Apples and Pecans
Banana Buttermilk Muffins (doubled for snacks or freezer)
Mandarin Orange and Banana Cream Smoothies
Pancakes (with extra for the freezer)
Cinnamon Toast and Sliced Pears

Dinners

Tortellini Soup no spinach or celery & Buttery Bread Machine Rolls (1/2 saved for later in the week)
Potato Carrot Kugel, sliced pears
Hamburgers with Brown Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
(Kids Only) Mac and Cheese, Sliced Tomatoes, Amish Sugar Cream Pie (one for home, one for my husbands guys night)
Delicious Drumsticks, Steamed Carrots, Brown Rice
Dinner at a party but bringing deviled eggs
Lentil Veggie Soup no celery & Buttery Bread Machine Rolls

Check back tomorrow...I have a few tricks up my sleeve for my grocery shopping trip.

And don't forget to check out more menu plans HERE.

3 comments:

Tina said...

sounds great!

Terri Steffes said...

Here's my menu for this week (no kidding)

Monday-Girls Night Out
Tuesday-West Book Club (eat out)
Wednesday-Orange Spicy Shrimp (YEA)
Thursday-Concert (eat out)
Friday- Hayride (eat out)
Saturday-MU game (tailgate party)

I have to buy the ingredients for the shrimp which is orange juice, as I already have the shrimp in the freezer. Some weeks are just too busy.

Oh, and my kids are grown. That helps a lot!

Svr said...

WOW..$60 huh. I get pretty darn close with 7-8 of us. Milk is what gets us! I'm gonna have to bookmark ya!