Sunday, November 30, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


It's my daughters birthday this week! She's 12....(sigh). Our birthday tradition is that you get to pick your favorite breakfast on your special day. So she went all out. Can you guess which day it is?

Breakfasts
Leftover Swiss Muesli
Berry muffins from the freezer
Cinnamon Raisin Bread with cream cheese and thin sliced apples on top
Sausage Links, German Pancakes with blueberry syrup
Waffles from the freezer
Toast and Fruit (quick, before church)

Dinners

Jane Brody's Turkey Carcass Soup (my mom was just going to throw her carcass away!) I made the broth in the crock pot overnight.
Baked Potato Bar with choice of cheese, salsa, sour cream and chili
Bean and Veggie soup, Bread Machine Rolls
Hamburgers with Brown Gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans
Leftover Night
Birthday Party Night

Check back tomorrow to see how far my $60 went. For more menu plans go here.

14 comments:

Trish said...

You inspired me!
Thanks for the help!
See here:
http://toomuch2do2day.blogspot.com/2008/11/meal-plan-and-grocery-challenge.html

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Great looking menu!

Anonymous said...

Yum - this looks wonderful! Now I have chocolate-dipped peanut butter balls on my mind :) Happy Birthday to your daughter; mine will be 12 in the spring.

Nancy said...

Our turkey carcass is in the fridge. I know I need to make broth with it but I'm having a hard time finding motivation to do it! Is it possible to be tired of food?

AnnMarie Brown said...

Loving your menu this week!

Amy said...

Thanks for your blog! Like Trish said, "You have inspired me too!"

God Bless,
Amy:)

Terri Steffes said...

Good luck today! I am going to try your carcass soup next year!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Hope your daughter has a great birthday! :D

Great looking menu especially the soup and peanut butter balls! Thanks for sharing!

Have a great week!
Sherry

trucksr4gurls said...

hope she has a great birthday! sausages and german pancakes sound good to me too. lol

Anonymous said...

Definetly the sausage links/german pancakes with blueberry syrup.

Julie said...

Sounds yummy. I like the new look of your blog. Very pretty.

Halfmoon Girl said...

It's so pretty over here!

Unknown said...

Yes, you inspire me as well!! My goal for tomorrow is to get me next 2 weeks planned.

Have to share that I cooked down my carcass and used the meat and broth to make turkey and noodles. It seemed like manna from heaven as it really was essentially free food from somethings I would normally throw away!!

Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to try the lentil casserole. Have you made this before? I've never cooked with lentils but I found some at a very low price so why not try them? : )