Thursday, February 26, 2009

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

Well Allegra made dinner tonight with very little help from me. This is going to be fabulous. She whipped up a yummy taco salad and some rocky road candy for dessert. The dessert was so easy it was crazy but so good I had three pieces. Can't wait for tomorrow so I can have a reason to eat some more.
Rocky Road Candy

2 8oz bars of milk chocoalte
2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts.

line and 8 x 8 x 2 baking pan with foil. Butter foil and set aside. In a medium saucepan melt chocolate on low, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows and nuts. Spread in pan and chill for at least an hour. Use foil to lift candy out of pan and cut into 36 pieces.
Can't wait to see what recipes you have to share.

Please remember to link directly to your post, not your homepage.
Please remember to link back to The Grocery Cart Challenge from you own post.

Keep a look out for a couple of really great giveaways coming up!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks so good, and yet so bad! What a yummy treat!
Toni

Lynn said...

I have made an allrecipes like those before and they were so good! Thanks for reminding me about them.

Elizabeth said...

This Rocky Road candy looks dangerously easy - can't wait to try it! Thanks for the recipe swap :)

WendyDarling said...

This looks wonderful!! Thank you for posting it. ;-)

Jill said...

I have got to try that - and maybe have a kid make it! I'm loving your blog. I too have 6 in my family but my budget is $75 a week. You have given me some great ideas! We tried the brown rice and lentil casserole last week and loved it.

Keep up the good work!

Jill

Ruth Saves $ said...

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to cook dinner with little or no help from me! I'm jealous.

Gloria P. said...

Allega that rocky road candy looks soooooooo...good!

Great job!

Can't wait to see what you cook next.

Allegra here is a website you and mom may want to look at
http://www.kids-cooking-activities.com/

Christy said...

I am so sad! Someone posted about making tortillas on your recipe swap last week (or was it the week before?) and I just realized Mr. Linky only lets you display one post with links! Bummer.
I do enjoy checking out the recipe links everyone submits. So cool to see everyone's cooking!

Gayle said...

Good News! They aren't visible but they are still there. Go to the end of the post and it says "To see the links click here". Then just click on it and a window pops up with the links.

momofEAP said...

I make the treats at Christmas time but I use the colored mini marshmallows. I then call them "Stained Glass Windows"