Thursday, May 21, 2009

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap - Summer Treats


It was a nice sunny day today so the kids wanted popsicles. Normally I have lemonade or some other form of juice on hand to add to my great popsicle mold. But today I was out. What I DID have was a fresh batch of homemade yogurt so with a little creativity we came up with this yummy and much healthier treat.

Frozen Yogurt Pops

1 cup of pureed fruit (I found a can of pineapple in the back of my cupboard but berries or banana would work great too.)
2 cups plain yogurt
1/3 cup honey

To make your fruit pureed just process in a blender or food processor. Then add the other ingredients and blend. Pour into popsicle molds. If you don't have popsicle molds use some sort of short narrow glass. (dixie cups, sippy cups without the lid, juice glasses) Cover the top with plastic wrap and poke a popsicle stick through the center of the plastic. Place in freezer for a few hours. For quick release run the molds or cups under warm water and twist to release.

If you're looking for a great summer popsicle mold look in my left sidebar under "I Recommend" for a good one. (It's a blue box right above the code for my button.)

Frozen Banana Pops dipped in chocolate and rolled in nuts, rice crispies, or granola are a goodie for us too! Check THIS recipe out to make your own. These are a great use of overripe bananas!

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share?

Please link directly to your post, not your homepage and include a link back to The Grocery Cart Challenge somewhere in your post.


7 comments:

Kristen said...

Do you remember having pudding pops when you were a kid? Bill Cosby used to do the ads. Anyway, those are really easy to make from scratch...just use instant pudding and a little less milk than the box calls for. Mix & freeze. Chocolate and butterscotch combined is our favorite.

Amy @ Finer Things said...

My first link was entered wrong and isn't working, so I replaced it. Could you remove #4, please?

Unknown said...

I was just wondering 10 minutes ago what to do with all of the yogurt I made this week that didn't quite turn out! Thanks a million.

Simplelivin' said...

I love popsicle!!! And those bananas look amazing!!!

Hoosier Homemade said...

I was just thinking about these the other day. Do you know where you can get popsicle molds? I think Tupperware used to sell them yrs ago. Walmart, may have them.
Thanks for hosting!
~Liz

Hoosier Homemade said...

Oh sorry, I see the recommend button now. I guess I should have looked closer.
Thanks!
~Liz

annies home said...

love those lovely chocolate covered bananas