Friday, May 15, 2009

Weekend Link Luv

While on our vacation we enjoyed the pool so much and were surprised that as much time as we spent in it, we didn't get the normal dry flaky skin and fried hair. Come to find out it's a salt water pool. No chemical chlorine in sight which I thought was pretty fascinating. So if you own a pool and want to try a more natural (and I'm guessing cheaper in the long term) alternative, HERE's a link to check out.

HERE's a great post on frugal gift wrapping. It's very creative and has some amazing ideas. If you're a gift giver, you might want to check it out.

My husband is lactose intolerant so if he ever wants a glass of milk for the rare bowl of cereal or to wash down a chocolate craving, he reaches for a glass of vanilla soy milk. But the good stuff is really expensive. I came across this video that teaches how to make your own from whole soybeans, which I can find in my bulk bins for mere pennies. I can't wait to try it. HERE's the video of you're interested.

Have a great weekend and don't forget to check back for Menu Plan Monday to see what's cooking this week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to be able to find a good recipe for vanilla rice milk. My kids are Casien (dairy protien) and soy intolerant so we use rice milk which is also very expensive.

Anonymous said...

Where is that gorgeous place that you stayed at?

Hoosier Homemade said...

You have been nominated for an Award! Go to my blog to get the details!
http://hoosierhomemade.com
Congrats!
~Liz

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! Thankyou! I get my soy milk in the quart containers in a box at Costco. The statistics on the vanilla soy box were better than the plain soy. Anyway, yes I have soy beans and will try to make it too! Thank you very much. Vanilla soy milk make chocolate milk soooo much better! :) Jody

Unknown said...

Thank you thank you thank you for the soy milk link! We go through about 2 gallons of soy milk a week, which adds a lot to our grocery bill. There was also a video at the same site to make almond milk, which I have been wanting to try,

Jenn said...

We have a salt pool and I love it. The pool doesn't have that chemical smell to it. It actually has a fresh, clean smell. As for cheaper than chlorine .... I think it evens itself out. You still need the other chemicals in your water. It just isn't as harsh as the chlorine. I would definitely do a salt pool again.

Angie said...

I want to know how your hubby likes the soy milk. We are all soy milk drinkers here and it does add a few dollars to our grocery bill!!