Thursday, June 11, 2009

Another Great Breakfast


One of my kids' favorite breakfasts are parfaits. There are cheers when they come down for breakfast and see the brightly colored glasses waiting for them on the table. And I have to remind myself that everything in it is good for them because how can something that looks like dessert be healthy?

But it is.

And it's cheap too at around 50 cents per serving.

To try it on your family just grab some tall glasses and layer your favorite yogurt, berries, and granola.

Now I'm off to work in the garden today and do some yard work at my Mom's house. I finally have the slugs, earwigs, pill bugs, deer and elk conquered. My first squash flower has opened up and my pumpkins, tomatoes and lettuce are growing in leaps and bounds.

Can't wait for my first garden salad.

Check back late tonight for the recipe swap.

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

They're beautiful!

Chels said...

How did you conquer the earwigs??!
p.s. I have your box on my blog! I check it out often!
http://fantasticfind.blogspot.com/

Cheryl B. said...

" When I write or share something about one of my friends in a posting, I always make sure I send them a copy of it, so they know what was said about them. Today I included information about you and your blog site in my posting, so I thought I should let you know about it as well."

The above paragraph is the first paragraph in an email I sent out today, to all of the owners of blogs whom host "theme days", that I could find email addresses for. But I couldn't find an email adress for your blog. The rest of the email is what I posted today on our blog. Go to: www.xanga.com/thehousethatlovebuilt to read it for yourself.

Hopefully, it will then clarify of all of this for you ;-}

Cheryl B.

Rachel said...

These look delicious!!! I can't wait to give them a try. I am also anxious to hear how the gardening goes this year. I have enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to your future posts. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Great idea!

Marci@OvercomingBusy said...

I love making these! We used to make them all the time when my daughter was a toddler and pre-schooler. I'll have to start again. They look so good!

TAMI said...

We have these regularly - my homemade granola never looked better!