Friday, July 31, 2009

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap


Our heat level is back to the normal 80's around here but our treat level is still high. Those kids and their summer treats. They seem to think that summer means special food everyday. One of their favorites among Popsicles, some form of pizza, and lemonade are frozen grapes.

When I first saw a friend pull a grape out of the freezer and pop it in their mouth I was shocked. I had never heard of such a thing. But the minute she let me have one I got it. It's like a healthy, grape-flavored Popsicle in a bite size package.

So, no recipe for this one. Just wash and dry some grapes and stick them in the freezer. Then you can pop them in your mouth or use them as ice cubes in your favorite summer drink.

What's cooking at your house?

If you'd like to share a recipe...


  • Please link directly to your post, not your homepage. And...

  • Please include a link back to The Grocery Cart Challenge.


11 comments:

Amy @ Finer Things said...

That is my hubby's favorite way to eat grapes!

Hoosier Homemade said...

The grapes sound good. I use frozen strawberries in lemonade as ice cubes. Yum!
Thanks for hosting!
~Liz

Megan said...

Oh I'm trying that one!! I've been freezing bananas and blueberries and putting them in little baggies for the kids they just love frozen fruit.

I'll bet they love grapes even better!!

Thanks!

SnoWhite said...

we love this treat! blueberries are also great this way!

Jodi said...

Here's a recipe for "Sweet Tart Grapes" I got on a WW message board:Rinse grapes and lightly dry, leaving a bit of water. Add a pack of powdered Jello mix (I like the strawberry kind with this)to a plastic ziploc bag and shake the grapes and Jello. Freeze and enjoy! They are very healthy and satisfy a sugar craving. I used SF Jello and red grapes.

Carol said...

Love frozen grapes but make sure the kids don't feed any to the dog. Grapes are very bad for dogs.

Kari said...

we enjoy frozen grapes around here too. My hubby is a farmer and is always scrounging for ultra cold sweet stuff when he comes in to cool off, he loves when I put a bunch in the freezer for him. Happy hubbies are the best!

Anne M. said...

we learned of this last year and the kids just LOVE it! =)

Grannie said...

Black cherries are a winner as well--watch out for the pits unless you pit them before freezing.

Nicole Feliciano said...

This week I did sangria for recipe sharing. I hope you'll stop by my site and share a post:

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/07/fridays-feasts-white-sangria.html

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, especially the recipe swaps. They give me such great ideas! With school just around the corner, I was wondering if you can do a recipe swap of school sack lunch ideas? This would help me get out of a rut with the same old stuff. Thanks a bunch!