Thursday, August 20, 2009

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

I'm attending a girlie function this Saturday. Well, it's more like a homeschooling function but it's full of women and we'll eat, and talk homeschooling for the upcoming year and maybe get our crafty on. And I signed up to bring something fruity. So this is my yummy fruity contribution.


Ambrosia

1 cup coconut
1 cup mandarin oranges drained
1 cup crushed pineapple drained
1 cup lemon yogurt
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Combine all ingredients except marshmallows; chill for several hours. Add marshmallows right before serving.


Would you like to share a recipe? Just enter your info into Mcklinky. Make sure to link directly to your post, not your homepage and please include a link back to The Grocery Cart Challenge.

2 comments:

Hoosier Homemade said...

That looks like a great fruit salad. Thanks for hosting!
~Liz

Amy Green (Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free) said...

I used to love ambrosia...haven't had it for so long. My grandma made something similar that she called 'waldorf salad.' I don't know where the name came from but it's great!

BTW - I'm starting a blog carnival - Slightly Indulgent Mondays - on Aug. 31. Fabulous food a little healthier. Everyone is welcome to participate - your recipe doesn't have to be sugar or gluten-free. :)