Saturday, November 21, 2009

Homemade Christmas

We do lot's of homemade Christmas gifts around here for friends and family and all year I've been collecting links to presents I'd like to make and give this season.


Here's directions for homemade soap made in the crockpot. I've purchased all my ingredients and I'm getting ready to make a batch this week. It takes a few weeks to cure so if this interests you it's best to get started on this now. Wouldn't this look pretty packaged up in a basket with a few rolled up wash cloths and a loofah and maybe a few of these fizzy bath bombs to go with it?

Is there somebody in your family who spends lots of time at Starbucks? Try these earth friendly coffee cup sleeves. I've made several of these and they turned out so cute! Package it up with a few homemade flavored sugars for coffee and tea and you have the perfect gift.



You want frugal? How's this. These adorable stuffed hedgehogs are made from a dollar store car mitt. So stinkin' cute for the little one on your list.

Take a $3 frame and a little creativity to create this amazing dry erase wall calendar. I want this for MY wall but it would make a fantastic Christmas gift.



Broken crayons turn into custom monogrammed pictures. Seriously! How do people come up with this cute stuff? Anyone could make this.

So these are some ideas to get your Christmas giving under way. Remember, Christmas doesn't have to be a rack-up-the-credit-card holiday. It doesn't even have to be a spend-100's-of-dollars-in-cash holiday. You can truly make some amazing frugal gifts that are just as wonderful or better than store bought gifts.

And I've got plenty more where that came from so keep your eye out for more Christmas posts coming soon.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

These are wonderful gift ideas!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Those are awesome!! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Jen said...

WOW there are some wonderful ideas in there!!

SnoWhite said...

thanks for these great ideas!

Kori said...

Fabulous ideas! On the soap - your picture is different from hers, is your picture some you have made previously? And any ideas/recommendations/instructions for someone who has NEVER made soap before? Her tutorial is for someone familiar with the process...
Thanks for the ideas.
Kori

Unknown said...

Those are wonderful ideas!!

Candi said...

These are such great ideas!!! Thanks for sharing them and I can't wait to try the soap in the crockpot thing...I used to make melt and pour goat's milk soap but it got too expensive.

Jodi said...

I recently read on a website how to make a sugar scrub (it suggested for feet). Add some Vaseline to maybe 3 times as much sugar and mix. I also added a drop of vanilla extract to make a vanilla scrub, but you could also try scented Vaseline (I've bought lavendar and chammomile scented one at CVS). Put it in a pretty glass jar and it would make a great hostess gift!

Rhonda Parker said...

I like all of the ideas, but the crayon monogram one is my favorite! I'm always looking for inexpensive gifts for teachers, and ones that aren't clutter or the same ol' box of chocolates or apple mug. :) Thanks again.

Cindy in Ferndale said...

Thank you these are great!

Handmade Artists' Forum and Shop said...

I love handmade soap, nice work! :D
Andrew