Monday, December 14, 2009

GCC Shopping Round Up

Ooh I forgot to mention yesterday in my menu plan that I'll also be buying the ingredients for a yummy apple tray with toffee dip. I have a girls Christmas party on Tuesday that I'll be bringing it to and it's a great recipe if you need an appetizer for a party this Christmas season.

Here's how the shopping went.

Franz Bread Store
(obviously bread is the answer to my desire to NOT cook much this week)

4 loaves of bread 1 pack of english muffins $4.70
3 bags of bagels $5.00
2 FREE bags of English muffins


S & S Liquidators


2 packs of TP $3.98
2 cans pineapple slices $1.38
2 cans spaghetti sauce $1.38
2 cans tomato soup $.98
2 boxes linguine $.98
garbage bags $1.99
2 cartons soy milk $.98
dishwasher detergent $1.99
dish soap $.79


Grocery Outlet



Jumbo bag of hash browns $2.99
3 bars soap $.99
6 lb whole chicken $6.06


Win-co

Milk $2.33
2 tubs yogurt $3.56
cream cheese $.98
.82 lbs bulk granola $1.30
heath bits $2.18
sausage $1.98
green beans $.58
hair dye $3.38
3.17 lbs bananas $1.84
cheddar cheese $4.47
2.92 lbs green apples $2.28
2.92 lbs red apples $1.99
1.73 lbs bulk powdered sugar $1.16


Grand Total $62.22

If you'd like to share a great deal, a super coupon, or just what it takes to feed your family go ahead and link up! Please make sure to link directly to your post, not your homepage and please include a link back to The Grocery Cart Challenge from the body of your post.

3 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Your last post about so not wanting to cook this week made me laugh -- knowingly. It's come down to that here as well with all of the Christmas preparations on overdrive. Thank goodness for crock pots, freezer leftovers and breakfast for dinner night. I made a double batch of pumpkin-butterscotch muffins (and froze half) so we can do that very thing later in the week...

And now back to my gift basket and Christmas treat baking...

Lauren said...

I just thought I would share this recipe I found. Seems simple and yummy and great for a busy holiday!

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1665296&adsqs=raid:1924457

shopping cart software said...

Really interesting shopping deal and budget. Loved to watch out.