Thursday, December 3, 2009

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap - Chai Gift Mix


















I like to recieve food gifts at Christmas and I love to give them too. It's like sharing a little bit of homey comfort with the people in your life. It can also be a family project to pack cozy baskets with seasonal treats and warm drink mixes and then have a family delivery night.

So here's a yummy drink mix that you can make for the people on your list. To keep costs down even further check the bulk bins for some of your ingredients.

Creamy Chai Tea Mix

1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1/2 cup powdered vanilla coffee creamer (dry)
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened instant tea (dry)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

Mix all together and place in pretty airtight container or jar and attach these instructions:

For each serving, place 3 to 4 heaping teaspoons mix in a cup. Fill with 1/2 cup very hot water and 1/2 cup hot milk.

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Please link directly to your blog post and please include a link back to The Grocery Cart Challenge.

10 comments:

April Harris said...

What a great gift idea - sounds delicious!!

Lisa said...

I didn't even know you could do this--great idea! I love your blog..it's so helpful!

Christine said...

Thanks for the recipe! I made this exact recipe about 3 years ago. It was so good! I lost it and have been looking for it again. It's really great on a cold day or night...Although, you might want to use decaf for the night time mix. ;)

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I think I will make some of this for a couple of friends for CHRISTmas. :D Thank you for sharing! :D

Mel said...

I make a Chai tea recipe, too. It's a little different. Here's my link to the recipe!

http://mommystimeout-mel.blogspot.com/2009/11/repost-chai-tea.html

Susan said...

Gayle, do you have a recipe for homemade dishwasher detergent? I'm finding that I cannot find a brand that I like. I can taste and smell the soap and I don't like it. Thanks! Ps-the chai sounds so yummy!
Susan

The Prudent Patron said...

oops..I put my linls on the wrong one. Are you able to delete them? So sorry for the trouble.

Gidget Girl Reading said...

I just posted my Malt O Meal Cereal giveaway if your interested: http://bookwormsbooknook.blogspot.com/2009/12/malt-o-meal-chocolate-cereal-yummy-and.html

CC said...

Where do you find loose tea (not in tea bags)? Please excuse my ignorance.

Gayle said...

Hi CC,

It's not loose tea leaves it's instant tea that comes in a jar or container of some sort.