Friday, June 18, 2010

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap


I did it. Survived finals week, passed my classes, and I have a week off before it starts all over again. This weekend I have a day-long homeschool mom's gathering where we spend time working through issues that arise in our homes, building each other up, taking a little break, getting our crafty on, and of course EATING. I remember having this fruity salad at a potluck years ago and bummed the recipe out of a really nice lady. I love the sweet and fruity and the fact that there is some good-for-you cottage cheese hidden in there. I'll be bringing it to the gathering. Hope you like it.

Dreamsicle Salad

3 oz package of dry orange jello
15 oz can crushed pineapple, drained well!
8 oz carton cool whip
12 oz container small curd cottage cheese
11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained.

Mix together and chill.


Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Please link directly to your post, not your homepage and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge.



7 comments:

turtleracing4 said...

Your salad recipe sounds perfect for a hot summer cook out! Thank you for hosting the recipe swap. I always come and check it out every Friday.

Sarah said...

My in-laws make this! They usually use strawberries. So good. I just might have to put it on the menu plan.

SnoWhite said...

My mom made this for us growing up -- it's cool and refreshing and tasty :) Thanks for reminding me of it today!

"C" is for many things said...

Congratulations on passing your courses!!

Unknown said...

Oh yum! My mom used to make something very similar to this when I was little. Can't wait to try it. :)

Unknown said...

ps: cONGRATS ON PASSING YOUR CLASSES!

Ott, A. said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and became your newest follower. I also linked up a yummy dish of mine to your linky party. Thanks for hosting. I am anxious to see what others are baking.