Friday, May 6, 2011

GCC Recipe Swap


Nothing beats wandering through Grandma's garden and picking the sun-warmed strawberries right off the plant to pop into your mouth. I'm not sure if my Grandma actually got to harvest any after my sister and I got done with them. Strawberries are in season right now and if you don't have your own growing in your garden, you can find them at great prices at the grocery store right now. Here's one of our favorite strawberry recipes. Enjoy!

Easiest Strawberry Shortcake
  • 1 quart fresh strawberries
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping
  • 1 (14 ounce) angel food cake, cut into cubes
Wash, stem, and cut strawberries in half. Add sugar; toss to mix well. Chill. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar well. Fold in whipped topping and cake cubes. Spread cake into an ungreased 13x9 dish. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Cut cake into squares and top with more strawberries.

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge.

6 comments:

nancy said...

Thanks for hosting this link up party! I posted two recipes for grilling season:Ginger Lime Chicken Marinade and Grilled Pantry Pork Chop Marinade. I hope that is OK.

-Nancy @ www.realfoodallergyfree.com

Charlene said...

Thanks for the chance to link up!

Charlene

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Oh, I'd love some strawberry shortcake right now! Thanks!

Marishannon said...

Mmmmm I love any kind of strawberry shortcake!

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy! Love fresh strawberries!

Frugal MommaB said...

Thanks for the recipe! I have a basket of fresh strawberries to use.