I got out in the garden today for a bit to weed and take stock of what made it through the wet winter. I've got....
- Volunteer potatoes from some that I must have forgot to dig up from last years harvest. They look sturdier and more bountiful than they did their first year.
- Three rhubarb plants that I started from seed last year. They are too young to use yet but next year I'll probably have rhubarb coming out of my ears. They were in pots and got transferred, one into each bed.
- I tried garlic for the first time last fall and lo and behold, they survived. Looking forward to my very own garlic braid this year.
- The pears, plums, apples and cherry trees haven't bore much fruit in the last two seasons so anything we get there will be a bonus.
- And my new hazelnut tree is taking root. I'm hoping for nuts in the next few years.