Friday, July 15, 2011

GCC Recipe Swap


Remember that 40lb box of apples? Remember the kids getting their braces on? Enter...soft, unsweetened, no mess, EASY homemade applesauce. Enjoy.

EASY Homemade Applesauce

9 sweet apples (I used red delicious)
1/2 cup water or orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Peel, core and quarter your apples. Put it all in the crockpot and cook on low for 5 hours or until softened. Use potato masher to break up any whole pieces. Can eat immediately, refrigerate, or freeze.

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the braces! My eldest was eating steak 24 hours later, but my youngest lived on smoothies for a week :(

Emma @ She Got Married said...

It's so hot...and I love orange julius drinks. So I'm sharing my dairy free OJ recipe! Enjoy!

simply heidi said...

I love homemade applesauce!
This is my first time linking up. I'm excited to see all the recipes!

Rachel @ Simple Girl said...

We went berry picking and I've been baking with strawberries all week! Can't wait to see all the other great ideas! Thanks for hosting!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Homemade apple sauce....yummy. I haven't made that since my boys were little.

Thank you for hosting...

I am sharing my Chocolate Cherry Strudel.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

You can make this even easier by just chopping up the apples (skin, seeds and all!) and putting them in the crockpot. Then, after apples are soft, mash them with a potato masher and run it all through a sieve. Makes a little more applesauce this way and you get more of the nutrition from the skin and seeds as well.