Sunday, March 18, 2012

Menu Monday

Well last week I'm not sure quite what happened but I ended up not making something on my menu. So since I still have all the ingredients that will be the first thing we eat this week. Also, a surprise from my husband arrived. This little beauty that I've been drooling over for a few years. I've had it for about 5 days and still haven't had a chance to use it yet.

So today....I may just fill my entire freezer with goodies. Here's what is cooking this week.

Breakfasts: (choice of)

Strawberry Banana Smoothies, Oatmeal, muffins from the freezer or Poached Eggs

For quick lunches I'm throwing together a few salads to keep in the fridge all week so I have something to count on when I get busy. The rest of the family has a free-for-all at lunch time around here, making whatever they can create. The only rule is they have to actually eat it.

Waldorf Coleslaw
Ambrosia


Dinners:

Chicken and Rice Quiche
Three Cheese Enchiladas
Crock Pot Veggie Soup
Baked Ziti
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken over noodles or Broccoli
Grilled Cheese and Soup
Leftover Buffet

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, lucky you, and nice husband. Best. Toy. Ever.

Wendy said...

Love seeing your lunches included. Thanks! Do you find you have to buy extra ingredients for lunches even though they are 'unplanned' - or are lunches usually made from pantry items that you stock regularily?

Roxie700 said...

You are going to love your new mixer. I love mine for sure. It makes doing kitchen work almost 'fun' when you get to use the big 'tools' of the trade. (like men are with power tools) Hope that you had a wonderful birthday.

Sarah said...

Yay for the KitchenAid! Yay Chris for surprising your wife! Hope you love it, my KitchenAid is my fave appliance.

Unknown said...

Hi Gayle, Do you include bread on the side of your dinners? It seems like vegetable soup wouldn't be enough for dinner on its own. Also, do you have desserts? I'm so intrigued by your blog- there's only three of us and it seems impossible to feed us for less than $100 a week. I have two teenage boys and myself. Thanks for the great blog!