Monday, April 23, 2012

Menu Monday

I don't know what happened but my cupboards are stuffed with food.  My theory is that the week I was out of town, my husband must have taken the kids out to eat everyday instead of using up all the groceries I had bought.  But whatever the reason, I'm not going grocery shopping this week.  I've made up my menu using all that I have on hand.  I might have to get some fresh fruit but other than that, I think we'll be just fine.   Last week I didn't use a couple of my planned dinners.  We had such late baseball games that by the time I got home I scrambled eggs for dinner and then put kids right to bed.  So I'll be recycling those recipes into this weeks menu.  Here's what's cooking. 

Breakfasts:

Smoothies, eggs, oatmeal or freezer muffins

Dinners:

Baked Turkey and Jack Cheese Chimichangas
Vegetarian Chili
Chicken Taquitos
Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
Baked Beef Ziti
Leftover Buffet
Dinner at an Event

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Too funny. I for some reason am in the same situation. I reworked the meals that never got made last week and we're good until next week. I'll have to make a trip for some milk, eggs, and fruit - but we are good!

Rustown Mom said...

I love leftover buffet nights - I call them Smorgasbord Dinners. I think the kids must think that means something exotic (: And my hubby doesn't stick to a meal plan if I post one, either...they're all for grabbing burgers out. i tell them, the food will get eaten anyway, even if we put it off...