Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weekly Menu


This week is gray and drizzly.  We've already had one rained out baseball game and it's only Tuesday.  But the cooler weather means cozy foods once again.  Here's what is cooking this week.  In a fit of experimental laziness  I pulled out some pre-made soup I had put into the freezer and dumped it frozen in the crock pot.  I added a cup of chicken broth and let it set on low all day and had a hot and cozy dinner ready when we got back home that night.  Did I mention that I now have three crockpots?  (Oh my.)

Breakfasts:

Blueberry muffins, strawberry smoothies, oatmeal or cream of wheat.

Dinners:

Chicken Noodle Soup from the freezer and salad
Japanese Mum's Chicken
Slow Cooker Chicken Burrittos
Ground Beef Stroganoff
Enchilada Casserole
Leftover Buffet
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

2 comments:

Roxie700 said...

I have 3 crockpots too. All different sizes and one is oval shaped. Nice for chicken. Mine get a good work out here in Texas because I don't want to heat the house to cook a roast or a chicken. In summer we don't eat too many soups or stews. I do love to make beans to go with grilled meat though. We do that often..my husband will grill some chicken, sausage, and some beef on Sunday night...we are pretty set for the week then with meals.

Mama Squirrel said...

We like slow cookers here too. I have a 6-quart, a 3 1/2 quart, 2 mini crocks (because we got one at a yard sale and one came free with the 6-quart, and we haven't figured out what to do with the freebie), and one mostly-non-functioning 3 1/2 quart in the storage room. (I think we're saving it for parts?) We use the (functioning) 3 1/2 quart one most often, but the 6-quart is handy for bigger meals.

And my university-student daughter just bought herself a 1 1/2 quart size.