Friday, June 29, 2012

GCC Recipe Swap - Easiest Chocolate Truffles in the World!

I helped with the food for a Bridal Shower last Friday and tried out some simple but elegant finger foods that were a huge hit.  My favorite was a chocolate truffle recipe that was so easy I felt guilty.  My daughter and I rolled them in either chopped nuts, coconut or cocoa powder and put them in mini cupcake papers.  This is a picture of the amazing spread.  The truffles are in the domed glass dishes on the right.  


It was gorgeous and delicious.  So if you have a craving for chocolate, this is a simple way to get it. 

Easy Chocolate Truffles

8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream  

Place chopped chocolate in a bowl. Slowly bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Pour over chocolate. Let stand 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Cover and chill.  Using a melon baller, scoop into 2 teaspoon sized balls. Smooth them out a little by hand. Roll or dip in your choice of coatings.



Do you have a recipe you'd like to share?  Please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge.


1 comment:

Heather Ortega said...

I have always wanted to make truffles! Maybe I'll give it a try.