Friday, August 10, 2012

GCC Recipe Swap

We drink lots of iced tea around here during the summer  Normally I make it on the stove top  and cool it in the fridge.  But recently I picked up one of these little doohickies and now I'm in tea heaven.  I really thought, "Tea's easy to make, why the heck would anybody use one of these things?"  But Ican't even believe how fast and easy it is.  I've been making about three pitchers a week since I got it and I've been using up the awesome drawer full of loose leaf teas I had stashed away.

So here is one of our favorite iced tea recipes.  It can be made with or without the tea maker so have fun!

Strawberry Iced Tea

2 cups whole frozen strawberries 
32 fluid ounces brewed tea, that has been cooled 
1/4-1/2 cup white sugar (depending on how sweet you want the tea) 
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice 
Directions: Take 5 strawberries out of the bag and set aside. With the remaining berries, blend in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain the pureed berries, discard seeds. Mix together pureed strawberries, tea, lemon juice, and desired amount of sugar. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with ice and reserved berries as garnishes.

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share?  Please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge.

2 comments:

Roxie700 said...

In Texas we drink a lot of tea also. I make a pitcher every morning and between my husband and I it is gone by supper time. I make another for supper and to see us till the next day.
I used to make tea in the microwave oven. In a large 1/2 gallon mason jar add water and 2 big tea bags. Microwave on high for 6 minutes. Let steep, and then mix with water to make a gallon.

Anonymous said...

We got one for a wedding gift over 11 years ago. We are about to get our 3rd so I don't know that they hold up that well but we love to have it around.