Monday, August 20, 2012

Menu Monday

Our grocery budget was short this month so I'm digging deep into the recesses of my cupboards.  It's shameful how much food I really have when I think I'm out of groceries.   But my cupboards are always full of beans, rice and pasta and I've always got a couple random chicken breasts or hamburger hidden in the back of the freezer.    Oddly enough it's weeks like these where we end up eating healthier than on the weeks when the grocery budget is full.   Here's what is cooking this week.


Breakfasts:

Oatmeal, eggs or fruit

Dinners:

Lentil Burrittos with salsa, sour cream, cheese and onions in Whole Wheat Tortillas
White Bean Croquettes and green salad
Whole Roasted Chicken with baby red potatoes and green beans
Leftover Chicken Quesadillas
Hubs Cooking- Grilled Corn on the Cob and Burgers
Shish Kabobs : Marinated Teriyaki Chicken, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, pineapple and pearl onion with a pasta salad on the side
Leftover Buffet





Don't miss Wednesdays post!
I've got a giveaway worth a $50 visa gift card in the works.

No comments: