Thursday, January 31, 2008

Beauty Bargain #3

There is another everyday item that can be used for so many different things...Hair Conditioner.

It can be used for homemade fabric softener or Dryer sheets...

6 cups of water
3 cups of vinegar
2 cups of any hair conditioner

Mix this in a gallon container and stir. Do not shake, this will cause foaming. Pour a small amount into the rinse cycle or spray on wash cloth and throw into the dryer

But my favorite use is to fill a pump bottle in my shower with scented dollar store conditioner and use a squirt for each leg when I'm shaving. I rub it all over like a cream and it not only conditions my skin while I'm shaving but it protects against razor burn and promotes a close shave. It comes out to be pennies per use versus the $3 or more that shaving cream costs me.

Any other conditioner tips out there?


ConservaChick said...

Only problem... my hair conditioner costs a fortune! ~K

Cindy said...

I am also a conditioner-leg-shaving-fool. But I've never thought of a pump bottle. :)

I hear conditioner can also be good for your hair. That's my only input. :)

Emily said...

That's a new one. Conditioner and vinegar? Gotta try it when my dryer sheets are gone.

you're getting rather frugal my friend. Did you ever think that you'd spend this much time trying to save moolah?

long,long gone are the days of the red sportscar, huh?

Monica said...

Cindy told me about you and your wonderful blog here. You are a girl after my own heart:)

Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas. I'll keep reading.

the Powell's said...

(for those whose conditioner costs a fortune- Suave shampoo and conditioners go on sale frequently for less than $1 a bottle.)

I also use my stash of suave for my homemade leave in, just dilluted conditioner. Works great!