Sunday, November 23, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


Man, I love Thanksgiving. I know I should say how much I love the spirit of the holiday and the time to reflect and be thankful but I'm going to be gut level honest here...I really love the food.

I've had lots of people ask me how I will budget my whole Thanksgiving meal...can I keep my weekly groceries at $60? And I'm sorry to say I can't answer that question. I am fortunate enough to go to three potlucks during Thanksgiving weekend. So while I will be cooking special treats, I won't be responsible for a whole meal all by myself.

This year I'm making lots and lots of pies.


Breakfasts
Oatmeal with brown sugar and milk
Cream of Wheat with brown sugar and bananas
Fresh Fruit and Milk

Dinners

Cowboy Beans and Rice, Cornbread, Green Salad (carried over from last week)
Soy Balsamic Chicken, Steamed Basmati Rice, Green Beans
White Spaghetti (with added leftover turkey) marinated veggies
Thanksgiving #3 - 2 French Silk Pies, Lemon Meringue Pie
Leftovers

Check back tomorrow to see how I (hopefully) fit all this into my $60 budget.

And Wednesday I'll be doing another $5 or less Christmas Gift and it's so stinkin' cute!

3 comments:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Everything sounds wonderful, especially the Cowboy Beans & Rices and the pies!

Terri Steffes said...

Now this one will be a challenge! I am making pies, too, seems that my family likes my pies!

km said...

I was wondering about the 'Whole Thanksgiving Dinner' on a budget. I know I'm thankful that we all have friends and family to share food and good times with. My SIL asked for my cranberry-applesauce. I'm thrilled that she liked it that much last year and it's not that expensive.