Tuesday, March 10, 2009

GCC Shopping Round Up


I'm sorry I'm getting this up later than normal. Yesterday was my birthday and even though I still had to grocery shop and make dinner and all that other real-life stuff I had lots of fun interruptions during my day and evening that kept me from blogging.

Grocery Outlet

2 packs of double-roll TP $5.98
1/2 gallon soymilk $1.99
bandaids $.99
2 toothpaste $1.99
3 cans olives $2.37
bacon $1.69
salami $1.49
feta $1.59
two toothbrushes $.99
garbage bags $.99
Win-co

Top Ramen $3.98
2 cups mozzarella $1.27
sugar in the raw $.82
1/2 lb bulk sea salt $.10
3 1/2 lbs bulk popcorn $2.76
2 cream cheese $1.96
Romaine lettuce $1.68
2 packs tomato basil wraps $5.84
gallon milk $1.98
2 lb cheddar cheese $4.98
yogurt $1.48
margarine $2.04
strawberries $1.98
5 dozen eggs $6.18
Leaf lettuce $1.68
2 lbs bulk brown sugar $.85
fresh basil $.98
1/2 lb bulk seasoning salt $.89
cucumber $.48
1/3 lb baking cocoa $.87
grapes $2.75
1 lb bulk powdered milk $2.54
1/3 lb bulk chicken soup base $1.20
Turkey Ham $2.66
3 lbs apples $2.15
2 lbs roma tomatoes $1.73
4 lbs bananas $2.33

Grand Total $ 78.23

If you'd like to share your shopping trip this week just enter the link to your post (not your homepage) into Mr. Linky and PLEASE remember to include a link back to the Grocery Cart Challenge from your post.

13 comments:

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you took a blogging holiday to enjoy your special day.

Emily said...

You eat super healthy. I know, I've eaten at your house....so what's up with the ramen? Is it for a recipe? Was this to placate Elijah for all those lentils you've been feeding him???



lol.

Maria D. said...

Happy birthday! I hope it was a good one!

Gayle said...

Yeah, the ramen was to placate my teenager. He'll probably eat it everyday for lunch until it's gone.

Blech!

Erica said...

I hope you had a great birthday. I love your blog, thanks for all the hard work.

Cheri said...

I've been following your blog for a while now and finally am joining in. I do not do anywhere as well as you, but try to stay under $60. We do not have the discount stores you have in your area. I just get to shop the sales with coupons. Thanks for the encouragement every week!

Sarah @ this Beautiful Mess said...

Cracking up at the ramen.

Just bought some the other day for the first time in ages. When 4:45 rolled around and I realized Josh was going to be home and I'd been playing Scrabble on Facebook all day, I loved that I had a meal in 2 minutes. Healthy or not...TWO MINUTES!!! =)

km said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'll go get a cookbook down and have a recipe ready for Friday. I have a great Sunflower Slaw that calls for Ramen. I love that cabbage is so cheap, this makes a great potluck recipe.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!

Amanda from Faith, Food and Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! :)
God bless,
Amanda

Naomi said...

Happy Birthday!!

Christy said...

Gayle, Thanks for teaching me about the "Click here to display links" on the older recipe exchanges.
I thought I missed my chance to snag a recipe I found from and earlier week when the links weren't being displayed. Now I know about it it seems kinda obvious, lol.

Carrie @ OrganicThrifty said...

Happy Birthday!

I've been following your blog for a while as well and wanted to jump in and join your roundup! So much fun.

Carrie

Organic and Thrifty