Thursday, June 25, 2009

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap - Strawberry Lemonade


We had some strawberries in our fridge and I decided to make a thick slushy lemonade with them. Turned out so good and felt like summer in a glass.


Strawberry Lemonade
(makes 1 quart)

1 container sliced strawberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup water
3/4 cup lemon juice
2 cups ice cubes (can use less)

In a blender process all ingredients until smooth. Drink immediately.

If you would like to share a recipe with us please be sure to link directly to your recipe post, not your homepage, and please return the link luv by linking back to The Grocery Cart Challenge from your post.


5 comments:

Jackie said...

This is exactly how Red Robin does their Strawberry Lemonade...yum!

Buttermilk Biscuit the Norwegian Fjord Horse said...

I don't have a recipe-appropriate blog, but a great way to make strawberry lemonade midwinter is with frozen whole strawberries in place of the ice cubes. I freeze the berries whole on cookie sheets so they're separate in freezer bags. Voila - instant summer in the off season!

TidyMom said...

oooh, thanks I'm going to try this! My daughter always orders strawberry lemonade when we go out!

One question, did you squeeze real lemons for the juice, or did you use the stuff in the bottle?

~TidyMom

The Animator's Wife said...

That sounds delicious and so summer-y! thanks.

TidyMom said...

I picked up strawberries and lemons and made this this evening! YUM!! I know you said you used the lemon juice in the bottle, but I thought since I was at the store I'd pick up lemons and do it with real lemons!

We LOVED it!!
Thanks!

~TidyMom