Thursday, August 13, 2009

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap


I can feel summer starting to dwindle down into fall. But before we put up the Popsicle molds in place of soup and warm bread, I'll share one last summer recipe with you that is sure to bring a smile to your kids faces.


Homemade Fudge Pops


3/4 sugar

3 tablespoons flour

3 tablespoons baking cocoa

4 cups milk

Popsicle mold


In a saucepan combine the sugar, flour and cocoa. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, cooking and stirring for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly and pour into Popsicle molds. Freeze and eat. Good for 3 months.


Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Please make sure to link directly to your post, not your homepage and please include a link back to The Grocery Cart Challenge.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh goodness, I've never had home made fudgecicles - but I will now.
They have to be good.
Happy Twirls

Jami said...

Oh, we are so gonna try these pops-thanks!

Charlene said...

Definitely will try these. My kids will smile and the hubby( the other kid) will be happy too!

Amanda said...

Those look great!

I wish I had Popsicle molds!

Hoosier Homemade said...

I never did get any molds this summer. I may just have to resort to paper cups with this recipe, I can't pass it up.
Thanks for hosting!
~Liz

Amy Green (Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free) said...

Your fudge pops are so cute with the bow. Totally Martha Stewart. Love it! They sound great...I bet I could make them without any sugar.

I linked to my favorite 5 minute "ice cream" - another great recipe for the summer. BTW - summer is NOT dwindling down in Dallas. I think it's just ramping up.

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Anonymous said...

I am assuming that the sugar is 3/4cup. Right?

Anonymous said...

do you know if these are possible with soy milk? We have milk allergies :(..they look really yummy.

4ddintx said...

If anyone finds a great deal on chocolate milk that makes great fudgesicles, too! Just pour it in the molds.

SnoWhite said...

These look amazing! The perfect treat for the upcoming warm weekend :)

Gayle said...

These work great with soymillk too!

BusyMom said...

Here is a link to my Spicy Chicken Roll-ups.

http://abusymomoftwo.blogspot.com/2009/08/spicy-chicken-roll-ups.html

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Easy and good! Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth
Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen