Thursday, September 3, 2009

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap Caramel Corn


This is a big one at our house when we're craving a sweet snack for movie night. It's really quick to put together and I always have the ingredients on hand.


Homemade Carmel Corn

1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup corn syrup
12 cups popped popcorn, remove the duds.
Here's the homemade microwave popcorn recipe I use.


In a saucepan bring butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup to a boil stirring constantly.

Place popped popcorn in large bowl and pour caramel mixture slowly over popcorn, while tossing and stirring to coat evenly.

The caramel can settle on the bottom so make sure to scrape and stir will.

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Just enter your info into Mcklinky. Please be sure to link directly to your post not your homepage and please provide a link back to The Grocery Cart Challenge.

10 comments:

Jackie said...

Sounds really good. Thanks for sharing this!

Hoosier Homemade said...

That's a great recipe! Great for tailgaiting and football too.
Do you just leave it in the bowl or spread it out on a pan to cool?
Thanks for hosting!
~Liz

Amy Green (Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free) said...

I haven't had caramel corn for so long...it really is a fabulous treat, especially when it's made from scratch with lots of love.

Thanks for hosting this blog carnival!

Gayle said...

Liz,

I just leave it in the bowl but I bet the pan idea would be a good one because sometimes at the bottom of the bowl I find a little puddle of unmixed caramel.

Michele said...

Sounds delicious! A great way to use up the 1/2 bottle of corn syrup and big ol' jar of popcorn sitting in my pantry!

Tiffanee said...

So I posted a swap recipe and forgot my blog title... Sorry I am new at this. I will get it right nezt time. I love your blog. You are so inspirational to me. Thanks.

Holly said...

I love this stuff and have been making this for over 20 years. Although, I never used the stove or oven. I usually cooked the sauce in the microwave. Dumped the popcorn in a paper sack and the cooked sauce. Pop the sack in the microwave for 2 min, shake and repeat to your satisfaction. No clumps or puddles. Great right out of the sack and the sack stores leftovers nicely.

Nicole Feliciano said...

What a great end of summer treat. I linked up and hope you'll share your recipe over at Momtrends.
http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/09/friday-feasts-summer-squash.html

Jenny said...

This was such a bad idea, a very bad idea. I made it tonight and have lots left over for later in the week.
Sooooo easy and tasty, I just know I'll do this again (hence it being a bad idea.)
Thanks! :-)

Judson Family said...

Great Recipee I will be trying this out for our Family Movie Night!!... I'm sure the kids will enjoy!!!