Thursday, December 10, 2009

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

Saturday night I'm going to a Christmas party where we will be having a cookie exchange. I found this great recipe that is not only freakishly easy but I had all the ingredients on hand so I made up a test batch for the family. They vanished in a nanosecond! These are some seriously light and buttery cookies which I of course promptly dipped in chocolate. If you need a simple recipe for Christmas treats you've come to the right place.

Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies Dipped in Chocolate

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a mixing bowl, cream butter, vanilla and sugar. Gradually stir in the flour. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 3 min. Roll to about 1/4 inch thick and cut out with cookie cutters. Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 300 degrees for 14 minutes or until bottom begins to brown. Cool for 5 min. and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. When completely cool, dip halfway in melted chocolate and let dry on waxed paper.

If you'd like to share a recipe please link directly to your post, not your homepage and also include a link back to The Grocery Cart Challenge from the body of your post.

Thanks!

7 comments:

april@The 21st Century Housewife said...

These look so yummy! I had never thought about using brown sugar for shortbread - what a great idea! Plus the chocolate...I have to make these!!

SnoWhite said...

those look delightful! might have to try them :)

Jennifer said...

This recipe looks great! I love that it doesn't have eggs, because my daughter has food allergies. I am going to try this but use margarine instead of butter to also avoid dairy. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Yum - those sound wonderful! So simple and delicious!

Unknown said...

Is that from Taste of Home? If so I have that exact recipe and I have to agree with you. It is ridiculously easy and everyone loves them!

Anonymous said...

Those look pretty and delicious! Anything dipped in chocolate is a winner in my book!

Juliana E. said...

So yummy! I made these tonight and they are wonderful! Thanks for sharing a great, easy recipe!