Sunday, January 10, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I'm not a big stockpiler simply because my budget is so tight. But even with $60 per week for the six of us, I can still accumulate extra in my cupboards. I've been seeing alot of the "use your pantry" posts this month so I decided I don't have a whole months worth of pantry supplies but I could definitely do a week. So this week I'll be pulling one of those extra Thanksgiving turkeys that I bought for $5 each and cooking it up. I'll attempt to stretch it throughout the week for our dinners.

Here's the plan.

Breakfasts

Pancakes and homemade syrup
Oatmeal with sauteed cinnamon apples
Mushroom and cheese omelets
Yogurt Parfaits
French toast and oranges
Oatmeal
Leftover Freezer Pancakes

Dinners

Roast turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, veggie tray
Turkey noodle soup and buttery bread machine rolls
Thanksgiving Memory Casserole
Thai Turkey over rice
Spaghetti, green beans
Chili and cornbread
Leftover Buffet

For more great menu plans go HERE.

6 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

I'm trying to clean out the freezer and cupboards too this week and next. It feels good to do that from time to time, doesn't it?

I roasted a whole chicken yesterday so today I'm using some of the leftover meat and all of the stock I made for a new crockpot soup. The meat that I picked after making my stock is already tucked away in the freezer for Chicken Pot Pie.

That's a load of meals from one $4 chicken! ;D

Enjoy your turkey!

Anonymous said...

This is why I love this blog. $60 a week for a family of 6 and you can still manage a stockpile sufficient to go a week without shopping while feeding your family yummy, healthy meals.

Good for you!

Andrea

Tammy said...

What a great plan. :) I will be cleaning my pantry out this next week and like you I don't have the extra $ to stockup alot.

Michele said...

I'm working on the pantry thing, but I haven't stockpiled a bunch. Of course pay day isn't until Friday. SO I have to make it until then.

Tina Butler said...

I think that is what everyone is doing this month. I to am cleaning out the freezer and pantry.

Peggy said...

Well, I am working on saving enough to off set the electric bill which is $100 more than last month,They weren't kidding when they said they were raising our rates! So head first into the pantry and freezer I go. If I can just convince DH that he doesn't need all that junk from the store we'll do well.We have about 1/2 a hog in the freezer so I am looking for creative pork meals that a six year old will eat! Anybody have any ideas?