Thursday, March 18, 2010

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

I have a confession to make. This unassuming little plastic bin...



is my bored-kid kit.

And whenever I hear one of them holler, "Mom, I'm bored!" I pull it out and suddenly I have an hour of free time. And I don't care how old or young my kids are, they never tire of blowing bubbles. Every time one of the kids comes home from a birthday party with a jar of bubbles, I save it. I have a dozen or so now, wands and all, and the jar you see in the picture? It's full of super cheap but seriously strong homemade bubble brew.

Homemade Bubbles
  • 6 cups water
  • 1 cup corn syrup
  • 2 cups dishwashing soap
In a large bowl stir water and corn syrup until combined. Add dishwashing liquid and stir very gently until well mixed. (Try not to make any bubbles.) Dip (don't stir) bubble wands into bubble liquid and blow bubbles.

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back to The Grocery Cart Challenge.

4 comments:

April Harris said...

No one is ever too grown up for bubbles - I still love them :) Thanks for posting the recipe - that's much more economical than buying them. Thank you for hosting too!

MrsJenB said...

I'm really happy to have found this linky party and am looking forward to checking out everyone's recipes!

Tiffanee said...

What a super idea!! Love it! Thanks for sharing and hosting!!

Bargain hoot said...

I'm glad I found you! This is my first time here....looks like a fun place!!