Monday, July 12, 2010

GCC Shopping Round Up

I did a little shopping from my garden today. My spinach and lettuce were edible this week and I even have a few little tomatoes starting. The green beans, carrots and cucumbers (yahoo, pickles this year!) are finally looking hearty and the potatoes, pumpkins and rhubarb are getting bigger everyday. A few crops look like they are still struggling due to our crazy wet weather and very late summer sun. But it was fun to be able to mark those few things off my grocery list and know that they weren't costing me any money.

I also shopped from all the free bread in my freezer.

Here's what I actually ended up buying.

Win-co

TP $5.48
Milk $1.98
Tortillas $3.78
Eggs $5.59
2 cans kidney beans $1.36
hamburger buns $2.48
tomato soup $.49
chicken breasts $7.48
bananas $2.84
cheese $4.99
2 packs mushrooms $3.56
Bacon $2.58
2 cream cheese $3.10
pitas $1.68
apples $2.64


Grand Total $50.48

Would you like to tell us about your shopping trip? Please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge.

No comments: