Sunday, July 11, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


This will be the week I start using all that FREE bread stuffed in my freezer. I also have some homemade pesto from last years garden basil that I'm going to be using. It's been sitting in my freezer and I'm thinking I need to use it up.

I also am going to try a little experiment. Seems my early morning summer classes aren't conducive to making spectacular breakfasts, which is my favorite meal to cook. This week I'm going to let the kids choose between several breakfasts that they can make themselves and allow myself to take the morning off.

Here's what's cooking....

Breakfasts

A choice of oatmeal, eggs, bagels from the freezer or fruit smoothies. All of which the kids will be making for themselves.

Dinners

Baked Pesto Chicken, Italian bread, garden salad
Lentil Tacos
Scrambled eggs, toast, bacon
Baked Macaroni, tomatoes, and cheese with garlic bread
Homemade Veggie Burgers
Apple French Toast Casserole
Leftover Buffet

For more great menu plans go HERE.

2 comments:

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Hmm, maybe there are some good overnight crock pot recipes for breakfast foods? My kids love peanut butter toast though so why fuss if you don't have to.

Sarah said...

Thank you SO much for the lentil tacos link! I have been trying to figure out how to make them palatable for the whole family and that looks perfect. We'll be trying those very soon :)