Thursday, July 8, 2010

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap


Oooh, I had my first home grown garden salad for dinner tonight. Is it me or does it taste better when you grow it yourself? And for those of you keep thinking you'd like to try gardening but just haven't jumped in yet, try this. Go down to your local nursery, get a few lettuce starts and put them in a pot with some dirt, on your porch. It's a simple way to start and it's still not too late to grow some yourself. Sometimes all it takes is a small start under your belt, to get your wheels turning for next year.

So....on the fourth of July I went to a party where I ate the BEST Ramen Noodle salad ever! It had sunflower seeds and broccoli slaw and all kinds of goodies in it; different from the ones I've had before. So in an attempt to replicate if for a BBQ on Sunday I'm using this recipe that I found on Recipezaar. Go take a look and see what you think.

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

I agree - things really do taste better when you grow them yourself! I used veggies from my garden for the Creamy Summer Spaghetti that i have posted this week. You don't need a big garden to be able to have quite a lot of fresh veggies either-most can be grown in pots really easily. I like your idea for starting with a bit of lettuce :)