Monday, October 18, 2010

GCC Shopping Round Up


I planted garlic in my winter garden today. It's the first time I've planted garlic but we eat so much of it around here I thought I'd give it a try. It won't be ready until summer but I can't wait to see how it does.

So here's what I gathered this week.

5 dozen eggs $5.88
1 gallon milk $1.98
tortilla chips $2.58
salsa $4.48
2 smoked sausage $2.76
bacon $2.48
2 bags of pitas $4.16
cheddar $4.48
green onions $.38
apples $2.32
Tomatoes $1.52
bananas $1.41
cheese soup $1.45
2 cans chili $1.78
2 cans garbanzo beans $1.36
2 refried beans $1.76
mushrooms $1.78
Grand Total $42.56

Would you like to share your shopping trip? Please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm a little curious about what you do with extra money each week. I have noticed lately you haven't been spending your $60 you allot. Way to go! My first thought though was why don't you use that to stockpile sale items. But then I wondered it you keep the money saved somewhere to be used in a later week when you go over. I'm just curious how you handle it because I am struggling with my grocery budget at the moment.