Monday, October 25, 2010

GCC Shopping Round Up

So I was digging through the recesses of my freezer and came across two frozen chicken breasts this weekend. What a surprise! I love when my disorganization pays off. I also have been a little disappointed in my local grocery outlets lately. The deals for what I like to buy have been comparable to Win-co so I just kept thinking why should I bother to make an extra trip for NO savings? It just hadn't been worth my time to go back in the last few months but I found myself with a little free time today and decided to take another look. I was glad I did.

S & S Liquidators


6 apples $2.00
2 green peppers $1.00
Broccoli $.99
2 soymilk $.98
2 boxes of kids Emergen-C $5.98
2 herbal teas $2.98
nutra sweet $1.99


Win-co


Milk $1.98
Cottage Cheese $5.58
Chocolate Chips $1.90
brown sugar $1.36
2 cans kidney beans $1.24
tomato paste $.43
2 cans diced tomatoes $1.16
margarine sticks $.69
yellow onion $.46
Bulk macaroni $1.09
bulk pecans $2.05
red onion $.52
bulk soup base $1.54
spinach $1.78
margarine tub $.68
bananas $1.15
Celery $1.28

Grand Total $40.81

I've had a few people ask me what I do when I come in under budget like I have the past few weeks. Here's what I do.

  • First, I panic a little and wonder, "WHAT DID I FORGET?"
  • Next, I think, "YAHOO, I'm going to Starbucks."
  • But usually it either gets sucked up by some other financial hole like soccer trophies or birthdays or gas. Sometimes, I actually get to save it for a week when I need to buy lots of meat or I find that I've used all my baking supplies up and need to replace everything.
Would you like to share your shopping trip? Please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge.

2 comments:

Roxie700 said...

I am always amazed at the difference in prices that you pay for dairy items. Our milk here, the least expensive brand (store brand) is $3.99. But the price you paid for cottage cheese is about double what I paid last week for 2 large containers. The produce prices are about the same...thank you for sharing your prices etc. I like to know what other areas of the country are paying...just as nosey rosey I guess.

Sandy (a.k.a.Grannie) said...

I was very surprised to see the price for the apples--$2.00 for six apples......mercy! Doesn't Washington grow a lot of them?