Friday, February 4, 2011

GCC Recipe Swap


A few weeks ago I was out of eggs and needed to come up with something for breakfast. So I did a search and came up with a recipe I found online that made vegan pancakes. Now, I've tried egg-less and milk-less pancakes before with only bad results. They just didn't bind together very well and were really crumbly. But after trying this recipe I'm sold. I may never put the expense of eggs into my pancakes again. These were golden colored and light and fluffy. In fact, they were better than my regular recipe. So here you have it. Egg-less pancakes. Enjoy!


Emergency Egg-less Pancakes

1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup soymilk or regular milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Stir together in a bowl. Fry on a lightly oiled surface on medium-high heat. Flip when edges look solid and dry.

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge.

4 comments:

Tricia Goss said...

Awesome! Can't wait to try them.

sara said...

sending this link to my friend who's children have egg allergies :)

Becci said...

I just linked up my recipe for spanish rice and gaucamole. I'm loving your blog and just recently started reading.

Dede said...

Thanks for doing the recipe swap. I love looking at the other recipes :)

Dede