Friday, October 28, 2011

GCC Recipe Swap


I've missed my normal routine over here since my vacation. But I'm stepping back in with our Recipe Swap. Today I'm teaching a cooking class at our homeschool co-op and we are making ice cream in a bag. I've done this one before (maybe posted before too) and my kids had so much fun making their own and seeing the process. It's easy and I bet you already have everything on hand that you might need. So here goes. Have some homemade ice cream sundaes for dessert tonight.

Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag

  • 1/2 cup whole milk (white or chocolate)
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (if using white milk)
  • 1 sandwich size ziploc bag
  • 1 gallon size ziploc bag
  • 3 cups crushed ice
  • 1/3 cup salt (rock, kosher or even table salt)

Put first 3 ingredients in the smaller bag and seal squeezing out all the excess air. Put ice and salt in the larger bag and then put the smaller bag inside with it. Seal large bag. Carefully squeeze bag until ice cream is thickened, about 10-15 minutes. Remove small bag, unseal and eat with a spoon.

Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? Please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to caution that whilte the homemade detergent may be low sudsing enough for the dishwasher, many purchased laudnry detergents are not. I found this out the hard way and ahd the 6" of suds across the kitchen floor.

Carrie said...

Does it have to be whole milk or will skim work?

Carol@easytobeglutenfree said...

I've made homemade ice cream different ways but never like that. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

I goofed up titling the recipe. :-p Anyway, I left sweet potato waffles.

ServingHim92 said...

Why was the "halloween" posting allowed with no recipe .... I didn't think you would want to get into religious preferences regarding halloween ...

Unknown said...

I've completely forgotten about that! Now that the kids are grown I miss those kind of hands on projects!