Sunday, April 29, 2012

Menu Monday - Kid Friendly

We have a week of rains in the forecast.  The good news is that I can still serve soup for dinner because it goes nicely with the weather.   This week's menu is kid friendly.  The recipes were all chosen by my kiddos, you'll see what I mean when you read the list.  Here's what is cooking this week.


Pancakes, oatmeal, muffins or fruit smoothies


Crock pot Taco Soup
Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
Layered Nachos
BLT Wraps
Cheeseburger Casserole
Crock pot Chicken Chili
Leftover Buffet


WendyDarling said...

It all sounds good to me. :-)

Mama Squirrel said...

Hi Gayle,

Curious: are you buying instant rice for the cheeseburger casserole, or adapting it?

Gayle said...

I will adjust it. I keep pre cooked rice in the freezer so it's fast and ready to go when I need it. I seldom follow a recipe exactly. I do a lot of adjusting, trying to make it more nutritious or to keep costs down.