Friday, May 25, 2012

GCC Recipe Swap - Homemade Caramel Frappuccino

I have a new coffee concoction that I'm looking forward to drinking this summer.  If you like the Starbucks version, this is a close second.   Just get yourself a travel glass with a straw and you'll save yourself tons of money for on-the-go coffee drinks. 

Iced Caramel Frappuccino

3/4 cup strong coffee, chilled
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons caramel topping
2 cups ice
whipped cream (optional)

Combine chilled coffee, milk, sugar, caramel and ice in blender. Blend on high speed until all of the ice has been crushed.Pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with more caramel if desired.
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share?  Please link directly to your post, not your homepage and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge. 

3 comments:

Rustown Mom said...

Oh, oops...my link wasn't about me, it was about saving dry brownies! I will for sure try out your coffee recipe as we have a looong hot summer ahead of us and I can't run to Starbucks every day...

{ MELBOURNE ROAD } said...

AND for lactose intolerant folks...use vanilla almond milk. YUM!

Laura said...

Thanks Gayle, that was delicious and quick to make. I only used 1 t. Of sugar and it was still great.