Thursday, January 31, 2008

Beauty Bargain #3

There is another everyday item that can be used for so many different things...Hair Conditioner.

It can be used for homemade fabric softener or Dryer sheets...

6 cups of water
3 cups of vinegar
2 cups of any hair conditioner

Mix this in a gallon container and stir. Do not shake, this will cause foaming. Pour a small amount into the rinse cycle or spray on wash cloth and throw into the dryer

But my favorite use is to fill a pump bottle in my shower with scented dollar store conditioner and use a squirt for each leg when I'm shaving. I rub it all over like a cream and it not only conditions my skin while I'm shaving but it protects against razor burn and promotes a close shave. It comes out to be pennies per use versus the $3 or more that shaving cream costs me.

Any other conditioner tips out there?

4 comments:

ConservaChick said...

Only problem... my hair conditioner costs a fortune! ~K

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I am also a conditioner-leg-shaving-fool. But I've never thought of a pump bottle. :)

I hear conditioner can also be good for your hair. That's my only input. :)

Monica said...

Cindy told me about you and your wonderful blog here. You are a girl after my own heart:)

Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas. I'll keep reading.

the Powell's said...

(for those whose conditioner costs a fortune- Suave shampoo and conditioners go on sale frequently for less than $1 a bottle.)

I also use my stash of suave for my homemade leave in, just dilluted conditioner. Works great!