Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Generic Birthdays

One of the perks of sticking to a Frugal Homemade Food policy is that your kids like simple things for their birthdays. Take for instance my youngest who turned 5 today who's only birthday request was, and I quote, "I want a box of that cereal with the little marshmallows in it."


Another perk is that they are just as happy with generic as they are with brand name because they don't even know the difference. Mwahahaha!


And yes, we got him more than generic lucky charms for his birthday....but I spent less than $20 on it.

5 comments:

Miriam said...

Gabe, I totally understand your desire for marshmallow cereal for your birthday gift. At (almost) 24 years old, I have Oreos, Nutter-Butters and Mr. Goodbars on my wish list. Some things in life are just special to us, right? And if somebody actually gives it to us as a gift, that means we get to eat the whole package BY OURSELVES - totally worth asking for it since it means I wouldn't have to share. You mom is cool for getting you cereal :)

Miriam said...

oh - and Happy Birthday, Gabe :)

Kat said...

I love the simplicity of it all!

Happy Birthday, Gabe :)

Blakely said...

Lucky Charms are the best! I can see why he requested them.

Teresa said...

That is hillareious! One of my daughter's favorite parts of visiting her grandparents is all of the different cereal choices she gets to make.

Here, we only by the plain stuff. But, they are truly satisfied with plain...and so am I!