Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Reality Check


Just thought I'd pop in real quick. I wish I had some great frugal idea to give you today but I pretty much avoided the kitchen except for necessities like say breakfast...lunch...and dinner. I've been getting my crafty on for a bazaar that my family and I do every year. So all day I've been down in the basement which houses my bedroom and sewing area, and I only emerged long enough to feed the masses. Well, I did also assign all of the daily housework to the kids (hee hee) and then a few independent school assignments so they wouldn't kill each other with idleness.

To those of you who have emailed me about sponsoring giveaways, I WILL get back to you.

I've got some plans in the works for some Christmas Gift Idea posts like I did last year. I've got some new ideas up my sleeve that might help you with your gift giving.

And I seriously get at least two e-mails a week asking me what I do for lunches so to answer you...

Monday...I can't even remember. But...

Tuesday we created a grilled cheese, bacon and tomato sandwich that was SO very good. It tasted like the grilled sourdough sandwiches that you can get at Jack in the Box.

Today we liked it so much we tried grilled tuna and cheese.

Tomorrows lunch is still a mystery.

And a confession? I was so busy today that I wore my pajamas until 5 pm when I had to take a shower to be able to go to church tonight. And I think it wasn't until about 2 pm before I realized I hadn't brushed my teeth.

How's THAT for a little dose of reality?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah sister.......I am in the same boat as you, too! ...Except I'm not a sewing nut at all.......the brush the teeth thing had me laughing in stitches.......

Life of homeschool moms is all that and more...... ( ;

Thanks for keeping it "REAL."

Jennifer said...

I love it that you're oh-so human like the rest of us! :) Happy crafting!

Greta said...

Wow, it does sound like you are busy! Don't worry, those PJ days happen from time to time :)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to read about your gift ideas! And if you have time, I'd love to see the craft projects you are working on.

Shannon

Unknown said...

I love that you can be so blatantly honest! Makes the rest of us feel normal. :-)

Hope you get everything done you need to!

Melissa said...

So what bazaar will you be at? I'm hoping to go to a few now that it's bazaar season again. :-)

Angel said...

LOL Thanks for being honest! We all do that sometimes!! :o)During the day I call them my 'lounge clothes'.