Tuesday, July 27, 2010

GCC Shopping Round Up


So.....finally here's the round up. I did a one-stop-shop this week by only going to one store. I've STILL got loads of that free bread in my freezer so I didn't need to go to the discount bakery again. (Gosh, I'm loving that!) The garden is keeping me in free greens and a few berries and I have lots fewer people to feed this week as kids are shipped off to mission trips, and vacations with Grandma. So here's what I got....

Win-co

Bananas $1.94
Bulk lentils $.98
Bulk barley $1.10
Bulk brown rice $.72
Bulk black beans $.89
TP $5.48
Tortilla chips $2.18
Milk $1.98
Olives $1.58
Fels Naptha (laundry soap ingredient) $1.12
Nasal Spray $1.75
cheddar $4.48
Napkins $1.98
Sugar substitute $1.80
Broccoli $.71
Tomatoes $1.86
Mozzarella $5.14

Grand Total $35.69

Woohoo! I'm totally digging the budget these last few weeks. So how did YOUR shopping trip go?

If you'd like to let us know, please link directly to your post, not your homepage, and please include a link back here to the Grocery Cart Challenge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you do with the extra money when you come in under budget? Do you use it in other areas (like bills) do you put it aside for those weeks when you're slightly over, or do you save it for later on?

thanks!

Gayle said...

I try and save it for the following week because it usually catches up with me. Sometimes we'll go out for ice cream or something fun. But with four kids, there's no shortage of places for extra money to go (sports, activities, clothes....)

Jackie said...

I used to have a Winco near me and gosh, I sure miss it! I just love their bulk section. Probably half my budget went there. :)